Halpin Covered Bridge
The Halpin Bridge is a 66 foot long Town Lattice Truss. It carries Halpin Lane over Muddy Branch of the New-Haven River. This bridge was built in 1824.
Located on Halpin Road in Middlebury, the bridge was built in 1824 and renovated in 1994. It spans a natural waterfall and is the highest bridge above a stream bed in Vermont. It is now used only by the Halpin family farm. It was originally built to serve one of the state's earliest marble excavations, the Halpin quarry at Marble Ledge.